Visualize Mixpanel metrics directly through Growth Experiments, to define and create hypotheses for experimentation.
This integration is one more option on Growth Experiments to optimize a team's experiment process.
- What does it do?
- Where to add it to a metric?
- Setting up the integration
What does it do?
Linking a behavior analytics partner, like Mixpanel, to Growth Experiments software lets the team align their Objectives, experimentation, and activities around accurate and up-to-date metrics. Goals can set and hypotheses created based on these metrics.
Where to add it to a metric?
- Find the metric to connect with Mixpanel and select it.
- Once on the metric page, scroll down. Below the chart, there is a panel with all the metric measurements.
- On the top of that panel, there are some Action Buttons.
- Select 'Link Behavioral Data'.
- Select the Mixpanel app.
- Select the event to link to the metric.
- Click on 'Measure Event' to preview the data.
- Click on 'Link Data' to finish. Check the example below.
Setting up the integration
Attention: Before starting the set up make sure to have Admin's credentials in Mixpanel.
- On Growth Experiments, go to the 'Integrations' section. - In the menu.
- Look for 'Mixpanel' and click on 'Add integration'.
- Go to the Project settings on Mixpanel and look for the 'Api Secret'.
Settings> personal settings > projects
- Go to Growth Experiments, enter the Mixpanel credentials, and click on 'Login'.
If the Mixpanel account has expired, or it has a pending payment, the integration will fail.